St. Patrick, Pray for Us!

St. Patrick, Pray for Us!
St. Patrick, Pray for Us!

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Over The Hills: Our Amazing God and His Blessings

It has now been just over two weeks since I arrived in Adams County, and I have had some of the most memorable and amazing experiences in my life. I have also been very busy, hence the lack of posting lately (sorry!). I have an amazing time with my duties at St. Vincent de Paul, and working with Margo to help these needy families has been a great blessing for me. Margo is like a grandma to me and is a lot of fun to be around! I have been able to help so many people and experience the struggles that families go through in their everyday lives. I even got to run the office for a day after only a week of training because Margo was gone! This has been an amazing experience I did not expect to have and God has blessed me tremendously.

Beside my work at St. Vincent's, I have been put in charge of the landscaping of the whole church here in West Union, and let me tell you it is a handful! The landscaping here has not been done in about 5 years or more. I will post more pictures of this, including before and after photos, after is is finished next week. We just finished spreading the mulch today, and finishing the new planting next week!

One of the more exciting and relaxing aspects being here is all the activities I am able to do with Fr. Bedel. One in particular was able to attend and help father prepare for his first Solemn High Mass in the Extraordinary Form on Accession Thursday two weeks ago. This was an amazing experience. I even got to hang out with some of my brother seminarians before and after the mass which made for an amazing night. I am so blessed to be able to attend this mass and serve Fr. Bedel's EF Low Mass on Saturday mornings this summer. He did a great job and had great deacons and a great MC.



Yesterday for Memorial Day the other seminarian living down here Andrew Smith and I decided to go on a hiking trip over to Shawnee State Forest down the road here to go hiking, and all I can say is wow!

I never knew that this little gem existed! It is so beautiful and I was shocked that I was still in Ohio with all the hills and huge trees! The views and the wild life were amazing, and we could not have asked for better weather! I will defiantly be back and was blessed to be able to walk with Andrew talking about vocation, seminary, life, and proving the existence of God through nature. An amazing day to relax after a long week of working around the parish. 







I know this is a short post, but more exciting activities to come and please be assured of my prayers and please keep me in your prayers. 

3 comments:

  1. Patrick, the young man in the picture, Peter Langenkamp, is my nephew and hence Vince's cousin. We stayed in Shawnee State Park a few years ago. Beautiful place! Amy Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is well written, Patrick! I finally got around to catching up on all of your posts, and they are fantastic! You have an authentic and personal writing style that will surely draw others to Christ through your life experiences, just like your personality does. Keep up the good work! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chris! I appreciate that! See you this summer!

    Mrs. Wilson: That's awesome! I really love it down here! Peter is also a great guy who I just met!

    ReplyDelete